Senior Quality Engineer
Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
Material Bank is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer for validating software product(s) to detect, isolate and help resolve issues. you're responsible for performing tests to isolate and solve software product issues. You will collaborate extensively with product management and developers to understand, scope out, and execute ad hoc, exploratory, new feature manual tests and automated smoke, sanity and regression tests. In addition, you will plan, initiate tests, analyze results, and communicate technical problems accordingly.
What you’ll do:
- Lead automation strategy and implementation effort for QA testing
- Design, develop, enhance, and maintain API automation, user interface automation for Web and Mobile
- Understand the technical layout of product and support deployment team through delivery
- Collaborate with development teams in troubleshooting complex technical or end user scenarios. Provides advanced troubleshooting skills to resolve technical problems
- Identify and drive the change to ensure automation effectiveness
- Mentor team members on QE best practices and automation
- Research, recommends and implements tools for test automation
- Manage and support framework of test infrastructure
- Lead continuous improvement of test processes and methodologies
- Lead and implement end to end quality with the continuous deployment and continuous testing processes
- Lead and implements initiatives for performance testing and security testing
- Facilitate bi-weekly meetings with team members to set two-week sprint goals, discuss testing difficulties, and review completion of previous goals
- Create heartbeats, end-to-end integration tests to ensure applications function according to requirements and best practices
- Collaborate with teams in the deployment process; work with SRE team to create or deploy packages based on automation guideline
- Conduct review of functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of deliverables
- Identify test requirements and develop QE test plans
- Execute, document, and analyze test cases and report test results
- Facilitate test plan/test case reviews with cross-functional team members
- Identify quality issues per defined protocol and escalate immediately to team
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
- Ensure all elements of web application looks and functions correctly across the full suite
- Conduct post-release / post-implementation testing
- Acquire SME knowledge & expertise
- Act as a liaison and QE SOP with development, program managers, and designers
What you’ll bring:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with Web and / or Mobile testing
- Experience with tools like Selenium, Python and Appium, CI/CD, Jenkins, Sauce Labs
- API testing experience using Postman, Swagger, and Tavern
- Understand code version control via Git and GitHub
- Candidates who value maintainability over cleverness.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 8 years of experience working in software quality engineering roles, developing code and putting that code into tests that support production software
- Enjoy working on supportive teams, solving problems with novel approaches
- Knowledge of front and backend technologies; databases and UXD
What you’ll get from us:
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: Generous PTO, Sick Days, Paid National Holidays, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: We contribute to your medical, dental, vision and short-term/long-term disability plans and have a strong employee assistance program.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) eligible after your first 90 day's employed!
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.
Something looks off?