Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
Material Bank is the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of leading manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling. Our business is highly transformative and growing rapidly. We're looking for a passionate, talented, and dedicated to out Logistics Hub Controller to join our cause.
The successful candidate will be working out of our Mississippi our Logistic Hub and report directly to our VP Accounting.
What you’ll do:
- Guide Logistics Hub leadership on accounting operations processes and procedures
- Develop and implement cost accounting methodology, work papers and monthly entries
- Ensure proper controls and oversight for inventory and fixed asset counts
- Oversee financial aspects of inventory system implementation
- Manage month-end closing and prepare monthly financial statements and other operational reports for site
- Analyze variances and communicate explanations to finance and operations management with recommended actions
- Prepare forecasts of income statement, balance sheets and cash for the site for utilization by Hub leadership as well as for budgeting and forecasting of the company.
- Support analysis across business processes (e.g. shipping changes) and product offerings in the Hub for both existing and future business lines (e.g. Material Bank, Samplize) Must work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve site and corporate objectives
- Provides proactive / unsolicited consultation, interpretation and education of complex financial and operational matters to various departmental leaders used to drive business decisions
- Collaborates with General Manager and senior management to explain results, make improvements, manage projects, identify inefficiencies, understand operations and lead the development of complex analysis
- Monitor and implement internal controls (in conjunction with corporate policies) as necessary to ensure reporting integrity, safeguard company assets, and identify risks
- Ensures proper accounting in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
What you’ll bring:
- At least 10 years’ experience in a similar position
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting techniques as well as proficiency with financial statement analysis and projection
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Cost accounting experience
- Demonstrated expertise in MS Office, including in Excel
- Experience with D365 Dynamics F&O and Odoo a plus
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- May be asked to travel for collaboration with corporate finance or site-specific events
- Excellent communication skills, internally and with clients
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues, clients and staff in charge
- Must demonstrate the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and character and promote ethical business behavior throughout the organization
- Ability to travel to Corporate Office in Boca Raton, FL, at least quarterly
What you’ll get from us:
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: Generous PTO, Sick Days, Paid National Holidays, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: We contribute to your medical, dental, vision and short-term/long-term disability plans and have a strong employee assistance program.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) eligible after your first 90 day's employed!
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.