Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
Our rapidly expanding organization is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant who will succeed in preparation and maintenance of business financial transactions, including the application of accounting principles. Your experience in public accounting with large revenue organizations will set you up for success. You will work with our Accounting Manager and Staff Accountants, focused on achieving company goals! Are you looking to join an organization of change? Keep Reading!
What you'll do:
- Performing assigned monthly journal entries, closing responsibilities, analytics, and reporting
- Account reconciliation preparation, improvement, and communication
- Perform the monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger closing process and report
- Execute the month end close process and yearly closings
- Accountable for posting and review of complex account reconciliations
- Perform analysis and monitoring of GL accounts monthly
- Support the Accounting Manager in the completion of special projects, ad-hoc reporting, analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Capital expenditure tracking and reporting, including project tracking to budget and timely capitalization
- Becoming knowledgeable about our business operations to ensure the integrity of our reporting structure
- Interim and year-end audit support
- Work with an integrated ERP platform and participate in its maintenance and updates
- Financial Statement preparation
- Participating in creating, updating, and maintaining accounting policies and procedures
- Collaborating with other areas of the organization to support and improve the business
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Interface with our external auditors
What you'll bring:
- BA/BS in Accounting Required
- Master degree in Accounting or has enough credits to sit for CPA preferred
- CPA is a plus
- Minimum one+ years of senior accountant-level experience is required
- Experience working for a technology company is a plus
- Knowledge of financial statements and how they relate to each other
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with Microsoft Office; strong Excel skills required
- Experience with analytical/reporting tools
- Proven growth and diversity of responsibilities in their current organization
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work at our corporate office 2 days per week
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, organized and ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while maintaining control of deliverables
- Highly motivated to thrive and think clearly under pressure and tight deadlines
What you’ll get from us:
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: Generous PTO, Sick Days, Paid National Holidays, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: We contribute to your medical, dental, vision and short-term/long-term disability plans and have a strong employee assistance program.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) eligible after your first 90 day's employed!
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.