Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
For more than 25 years, Material ConneXion has provided material solutions to the world’s most innovative brands.By meeting design challenges with creativity and a unique cross-industry perspective, we ensure tomorrow’s products and spaces start with thoughtful material selection. Our vision is one where materials and their impact on the environment are at the forefront of design. We believe by designing, sourcing, and manufacturing with intention, we can move toward a brighter, more sustainable future
Material ConneXion is seeking a Account Executive to drive pipeline, build customer relationships, and successfully close new sales opportunities aligning to the target customer acquisition strategy.
The Account Executive is responsible for developing new business opportunities through a consultative sales approach that supports MCX’s growth strategy. We are seeking someone with a broad sales aptitude and proven success in securing new business deals through a strategic outbound approach and confidence through the full-cycle sales experience, including retention and growth.
What you’ll do:
- Engage in an intensive onboarding program to gain an in-depth understanding of our platform and Advisory. You'll be proficient in demonstrating their value and how they drive commercial success for our customers.
- Lead the pursuit of new logo opportunities with C-suite-level client prospects. Utilize your experience to develop a diagnostic sales strategy and consultative approach addressing relevant material challenges and pain points.
- Collaborate with our Research and Advisory teams to evaluate opportunities and craft customized solutions and strategic proposals that best position MCX as a solution provider to drive growth via material expertise.
- Establish focused and trusted client partnerships at both organizational and individual levels to contribute to expanding the company's new logo portfolio and surpassing targets.
What you’ll bring:
- You have a proven track record of winning new business and logos through consultative selling. Minimum 5 years b2b sales experience (preferably selling into b2b companies) ideally gained in subscription-based services, creative or design related industries.
- You excel at selling to various job functions, forging lasting relationships that strengthen our position within client organizations.
- Your self-motivation, customer-success mindset, and winning attitude set you apart.
- You are a resilient influencer, negotiator, and experienced solution-seller who can work under pressure and thrives on meeting deadlines and exceeding targets.
- You possess excellent teamwork skills and can adapt your working style to influence and find solutions.
- You are a confident communicator with exceptional verbal presentation and written skills. Fluency in English is required, and knowledge of another language is a bonus.
- You have experience using Salesforce and other revenue tools like Outreach.io and Zoominfo for confident client and pipeline management.
- You are dedicated to acquiring new skills and expertise.
What You'll Get in Return:
- A competitive base salary and commission structure.
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- 20 days of paid time off.
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Observance of 10 state and federal holidays.
- The option to swap existing public holidays for celebrations or holidays of other religions.
- 40 hours of paid sick leave per calendar year.
- Continuous professional development aligned with company objectives and personal goals.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Flexible work patterns and hybrid working options.
- Family-friendly and compassionate paid leave policies.
- A fantastic, design-led office space in mid-town Manhattan.
- End-of-quarter company celebrations and regular team outings.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.