National Market Director, Architecture and Design (West Coast)
Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
As a National A&D Market Director, you will be responsible for overseeing and driving the strategic growth and brand advocacy of Material Bank services amongst the A&D community. This role requires a combination of leadership, market analysis, and creative thinking to ensure that the company's offerings align with market trends and customer needs. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and execute effective in-market strategies, establish strong relationships with key stakeholders, and drive member growth and platform use within the design sector.
The National A&D Market Director plays a critical role in shaping the company's success in the design sector, requiring a strategic, collaborative, and innovative approach to spearhead growth and market leadership. If you are a dynamic individual with a passion for design, sustainability and a proven track record in creating stakeholder engagement initiatives, we would love to have you on our team!
Individuals must live in or near major city center in California or Texas
What you'll Do:
- Conduct thorough market research to identify trends, opportunities in the design industry.
- Develop and implement comprehensive market strategies that align with the company's overall business objectives.
- Analyze market dynamics to position our products and services effectively
- Identify and pursue new member groups within the design sector to expand the company's market adoption.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients, partners, and industry influencers.
- Communicate and educate members on the complete product value proposition.
- Collaborate internally to create content for impactful design materials and member outreach campaigns.
- Collaborate with various internal teams, including product development, marketing, site operations, brand team, and member support, to ensure seamless execution of firm engagement strategies.
- Provide insights and feedback to product development teams based on market demands and member feedback.
- Manage budget related to regional industry engagement initiatives and any implemented programs.
- Work within a team of high energy, independent, experienced industry professionals, that will thrive on a culture of collaboration and innovation to build overall team success.
- 7-10 years’ experience as an architect or designer, sales or material specialist role within the construction & design industry.
- An established network of design industry contacts within at least one major North American city and/or throughout the industry at large.
- Strong understanding of design trends, market dynamics, and designer behavior.
- Strong understanding of the project workflow of an A&D professional.
- Strong understanding of sustainability (climate, social & human health) and its impact on design specifications and trends.
- Engaged with and understand local industry group dynamics in at least one major market.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful in-market engagement strategies.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and make informed decisions.
- Results-driven with a focus on achieving and exceeding targets.
- Ideal - Degree in Interior Design, business, marketing, or a related field.
What you’ll get from us:
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: Generous PTO, Sick Days, Paid National Holidays, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: We contribute to your medical, dental, vision and short-term/long-term disability plans and have a strong employee assistance program.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) eligible after your first 90 day's employed!
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.