Senior Software Engineer
Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
Material Bank is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our dynamic team. As part of our Integration group, you will be a key contributor in architecting, building, and maintaining scalable solutions that supports data sharing throughout the ecosystem for the world’s largest community of products and materials.
This individual is also responsible for developing and maintaining an application integration architecture blueprint for the organization. This role requires an individual who is extremely detail-oriented, strategic in their approach and comfortable with change in a dynamic work environment.
This position can be based in the metropolitan areas of New York, Boston, or Miami.
What you’ll do:
- Develop EA standards, data architecture standards, EA governance frameworks, and system integration standards
- Develop and maintain the technology stack (Kafka, Airflow, WMS, Redshift, Commerce Tools) to include commercial or open-source integration platforms
- Provide expert advice to project teams on use of integration technology, data architecture and modeling, system architecture including integration best practices
- Contribute to the integration with CI/CD pipelines for efficient updates.
- Contribute to the integration of real-time messaging systems.
- Work with project teams in definition of requirements for integration strategies of their projects into the Enterprise Architecture
- Manage internal resources as well as augmented or externally sourced team members
- Oversee development and support of batch and back-end processes related to the application portfolio (Magento, Dynamics 365, RabittMQ, Enterworks)
- Assist with incident response, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and problem resolution
What you’ll bring:
- BA/BS degree preferred, and 7+ years if integration or/and data engineering.
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture, systems architecture, integration architecture and data architecture standards, frameworks, and practices
- Experience with Python, Golang, Java and SQL
- Knowledge of common system integration methods and technologies including Web services, SOAP, JSON, XML Schema Definition (XSD), Extensible Markup Language (XML), Business process automation and orchestration tools and software
- Expertise in solution design and development, vendor management, enterprise application support, in addition to strong business understanding and project management
- Experience with the implementation of Continuous Integration practices and tooling to support automated build, delivery, and regression test of commercial software
- Experience working with API’s from commercial software applications, such as CRM or ERP systems
- A passion for all things tech and has a drive to experiment with new technologies to see where they can benefit the business
- Experience in a management or supervisory role on an integration development team
- Excellent communication skills
What you’ll get from us:
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: Generous PTO, Sick Days, Paid National Holidays, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: We contribute to your medical, dental, vision and short-term/long-term disability plans and have a strong employee assistance program.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) eligible after your first 90 day's employed!
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.