Head of Growth, DesignShop
Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
Material Technologies has created a global ecosystem of connected businesses and brands, the first of which was Material Bank. Material Bank is now the world’s largest B2B marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search, sample, and specify materials. Members can explore materials from hundreds of brands, order samples until midnight (ET), and receive everything in a single box by 10:30 AM the next day - all for free.
Material Technologies is expanding its reach into B2C with the launch of DesignShop. DesignShop is reinventing the home design process by taking the most exciting elements of Pinterest and combining them with a massive library of home design materials from hundreds of the country's best brands, all of which are instantly available for overnight sampling. DesignShop’s shoppable inspiration is highly accurate and when coupled with its hyper-realistic interactive design tools, allows users to create beautiful scenes comprised of any material in its library. It is our expectation that DesignShop will become the world’s most powerful virtual design center.
About the Role:
DesignShop is seeking a Head of Growth to lead our launch into the B2C home design and improvement market. This is a unique opportunity to build from the ground up, involving the creation and execution of innovative marketing strategies and creative tactics to attract, convert, and retain users within this fiercely competitive landscape. This role demands a strategic thinker, adept at the unconventional, passionate about challenges, and skilled in building. Expertise in performance and digital marketing, coupled with a sophisticated understanding of data analysis and customer acquisition, is key.
The Head of Growth will be instrumental in introducing DesignShop to the market and building the business into a household name. The scope of this role extends across the customer lifecycle, prioritizing user acquisition, engagement, and advocacy. In this role, you will serve as an executive, extensively collaborating with both operational and technical leadership. The ideal candidate is results-oriented, resilient, and resourceful with a proven track record of developing and implementing scalable growth solutions. As a key player of DesignShop leadership team, this opportunity empowers you meaningfully influence the overall platform experience.
What you’ll do:
- Think Big: Formulate a multifaceted tech-driven growth strategy aligned with DesignShop’s overarching goals, ensuring a roadmap for sustained success.
- Dive Deep: Utilize data analytics to measure program effectiveness, pinpoint improvement areas, and drive data-driven decision-making for continual optimization of funnel performance metrics.
- Good Judgement and Speed: Identify growth opportunities by staying ahead of the curve, remaining informed about industry trends, competitors, market dynamics, and by continually testing emerging channels.
- Team Player: Foster collaboration across cross-functional teams, ensuring the alignment of marketing efforts to deliver a seamless and cohesive user experience throughout the lifecycle.
- More with Less: Manage the marketing budget strategically, driving sustainable growth and optimizing spending to achieve maximum ROI.
- Drive Results: Collaborate closely with executives to strategize and drive the success of the overarching business objectives.
What you’ll bring:
- A strong bias for action and sense of curiosity
- Out the box thinking need to develop innovative marketing approaches
- 10+ years of B2C growth experience
- Proven ability to lead autonomously and operate in a hands-on manner
- Proven results managing demand generation, customer acquisition funnel and performance marketing
- Proficient in modern data analytics platforms and technologies
- Proficient in organic, paid, email, personalization, social, affiliate, etc
- Ability to design and develop internal processes and implement structure
What you’ll get from us:
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: Generous PTO, Sick Days, Paid National Holidays, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: We contribute to your medical, dental, vision and short-term/long-term disability plans and have a strong employee assistance program.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) eligible after your first 90 day's employed!
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.