Employee Experience Lead
Brooklyn, NY - in person only
Terra Kaffe is looking for an insanely resourceful, empathetic, and driven employee experience generalist to join our Experience Team.
The Employee Experience Lead role is a full-time position based in Brooklyn and will have full exposure to the complexities of building the people team and enhancing employee experience at a high-growth, consumer lifestyle products brand. This role is responsible for all elements of the people management and employee experience at Terra Kaffe. This role is central to the strategic growth of the company and will contribute to creating, improving, and actively managing the end-to-end employee journey.
This role, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, will be an integral part of developing and implementing initiatives that promote a positive workplace culture, improve employee engagement across a local and remote team, and enhance retention.
The ideal candidate will have experience in human resources management, building a deep relationship with an internal team, thinking creatively about new opportunities to enhance employee experience, and leveraging internal partners to identify and implement opportunities. This person should enjoy taking ownership of projects, cross-team collaboration, and turning big-picture initiatives into structured timelines and tasks.
Hiring, Onboarding and Orientation:
- Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Comfort conducting initial screening interviews for a myriad of functions & roles, spanning different departments, skill-levels, and seniority levels
- Coordinate and execute the onboarding process for new employees, ensuring a smooth transition into the organization.
- Develop and deliver orientation programs to familiarize new hires with company culture, values, and policies.
- Assist in the planning and execution of employee engagement initiatives, such as team-building activities, company offsites, wellness programs, and recognition events.
- Collect and analyze employee feedback through surveys and feedback sessions to identify areas for improvement.
- Serve as a point of contact for employees to address concerns, answer questions, and provide guidance on people-related matters.
- Collaborate with the CEO and Senior Leadership team to resolve employee issues and escalate matters as necessary.
Culture and Communication:
- Contribute to the development and promotion of a positive workplace culture that aligns with the company's values and mission.
- Assist in creating and distributing internal communications to keep employees informed about company news, events, and opportunities.
- Collect and analyze people metrics related to employee experience, including turnover rates, employee satisfaction, and engagement levels.
- Use data insights to recommend improvements and strategic initiatives.
- Support the CEO and Senior Leadership in implementing professional development programs and initiatives to enhance employees' skills and career growth.
Administrative & Human Resources:
- Track all documentation needed for proper record-keeping throughout the year
- Perform year-end wrap-up functions to support any administrative or logistical work needed to keep all PEO platform information updated, as well as keeping Terra Kaffe in good standing with any city, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
Interested in candidates with:
- Bachelors’ degree
- 3-5 years in human resources, employee relations, or a related role is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict-resolution abilities
- Knowledge of standardized HR practices and employment laws on a state and federal level
- Extraordinary empathy and the ability to relate to employees’ needs and concerns
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Slack, Justworks, any PEO platforms, and Notion is a plus
- Please note that we are a “bring your own device” company at this stage, so you will be expected to use your own computer.
Terra Kaffe Background
Terra Kaffe is a group of coffee enthusiasts who love sharing great-tasting coffee brewed from carefully selected and sustainably sourced beans. Our mission is to transform the in-home coffee experience starting with our flagship product, the TK-01 bean-to-cup espresso machine, and the TK-02 IoT-connected espresso machine and accompanying app. We are headquartered in Brooklyn, NY, and made up of a well-caffeinated team of 30+ employees and a roster of 3+ dogs.
- Annual base salary range of $70,000.00 to $85,000.00
- Unlimited PTO and ample company holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan
- TK-01 or TK-02 espresso machine for your home
- Flexible remote work policy
- Office snacks and team meals
- Pet-friendly office
- Unlimited coffee (self-control not provided)
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com with Employee Experience Lead in the subject line.