Terra Kaffe, a Brooklyn-based coffee startup, is looking to add a bean counter to our finance team. As Terra Kaffe’s Staff Accountant, you’ll report to the Director of Accounting and work closely within our Finance Team to support financial operations and reporting functions. You will play a key role in improving efficiencies and helping us continue building a strong infrastructure for growth and scale.
We want you to bring your positive attitude to our dynamic and collaborative high-growth environment. We are looking for someone who is proactive, good-natured, analytical, detail-oriented, and intellectually curious. This role is best suited for someone who works well autonomously as well as in a team setting, is eager to learn, and enjoys being empowered to make suggestions and take ownership of their work. If this sounds like you, please apply for the Staff Accountant role!
- Help streamline and drive the month-close process
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Support internal analysis of system-generated reports
- Involvement in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes
- Work on month-end accruals and reconciliations for various accounts, including inventory
- Resolve day-to-day complex accounting issues, including researching best practices
- Play a role in system implementations and new policy roll-outs
- Ad-hoc projects as needed
- Assist with corporate credit card management
- Collaborate with other departments (Operations, Marketing, Customer Experience, Engineering, etc.) on all things Accounting & Financial Operations
- Assisting with evaluating and implementing a new ERP system
- Support preparing deliverables for executive level requests tied to investor relations, annual planning processes, etc.
What you’ll bring
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 1-3 years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented work ethic, and ability to multitask
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Team player with a positive attitude; someone who is proactive and enjoys ownership and accountability
- Excited by the challenge (and learning opportunity) of working in a dynamic startup environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel) and Gsuite (Sheets and Docs)
- Public accounting experience a plus
- E-commerce, consumer goods, consumer hardware, inventory experience a plus
- Experience with Shopify, Shipstation, Quickbooks, NetSuite, or other ERP a plus
- Familiarity with Notion, Slack, Atlassian, and other project & data management tools is a plus
- Passion for coffee or consumer hardware a plus
- Annual base salary range of $65,000.00 to $75,000.00
- Unlimited PTO and ample company holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan
- TK-01 or TK-02 espresso machine for your home
- Flexible remote work policy
- Office snacks and team meals
- Pet-friendly office
- Unlimited coffee (self-control not provided)
Terra Kaffe Background
Terra Kaffe is a group of coffee enthusiasts who love sharing great-tasting coffee brewed from carefully selected and sustainably sourced beans. Our mission is to transform the in-home coffee experience, starting with our first hero product, the TK-01 bean-to-cup espresso machine. We are headquartered in Brooklyn, NY, and made up of a well-caffeinated team of 30+ employees and a roster of 5+ dogs. To date, Terra Kaffe has raised just under $20 million of funding and recently launched our new flagship espresso machine, TK-02.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com with "Staff Accountant Job Posting" in the subject line.